It’s a sad and rainy november day, and my mood is one of going inwards, feeling sensitive and vulnerable, the world outside appears grey and steely. This is when I want to surround myself with softness, soft fabrics, soft light, soft sounds, and hide away within beauty and tranquillity.
Today, however, is a day of yearning for soft, sensuous comfort by surrounding myself with the right ingredients. This calls for a recipe…
Recipe for a sad and rainy november day.
- a soft and luscious velvet sofa
- big cushions with fringes and tassels
- lights with elegant shades and little glass beads, dimmed to create a smooth atmosphere
- a soft carpet to sink your bare feet into
- loungewear, the sensual kind, made of velvet or silk, maybe lined with lace
- a hot drink and/or a beautiful glass of armagnac, port, rum or cognac
- a book to drown yourself in (I’m reading The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell at the moment)
- soothing and sexy music (for me that would be jazzy bebop tunes or a bit of Astor Piazzola, but it’s a very personal choice)
- a door you can close to the outside world